Just wanted to say it’s done(ish). Still a lot of editing to do, lots of mistakes and inconsistencies to fix. I mean, I have people’s hair color changing from one chapter to the next, and they’re not even teenagers. But I did it, I finished the sequel to Kick, and I’m happy with the result.
I thought I’d spice-up my word count Ralphie this weekend.
Hey, I think my blog’s got a new thing! Kind of like the Awesome Indies thing, or the “sometimes he writes funny stories” thing. So now there’s my weekly word count confession thing. Like over on Kristine McKinley’s blog.
Here’s how it’ll work:
If I’m happy with my word count, I’ll post a happy picture of Ralphie from the Christmas Story. If I’m not happy, I’ll post a picture of Scut Farkus.
Going forward, I’ll post my counts on Sunday.
But last Saturday, the word count was: 22,000.
Today, the word count is: 30,000.
That’s 8k words in 8 days. A quick glance at my scientific calculator shows an average of 1000 words a day. This will be the minimum daily average to put up Ralphie’s picture — a real incentive, because I love that picture.
So the last 7 days have been sort of great. Quick breakdown:
- I have my first ever author interview coming out this week (I’ll post a link to it that day)
- I have a brand new cover, which I’ve already gushed about.
- Over the weekend an Amazon Top 500, Vine Voice, Hall of Fame reviewer gave me 5 stars and tweeted/google+/facebooked/blogged my book.
- Last week, another Vine Voice reviewer positively reviewed me with 4 stars and will be blogging about me late October.
- My latest novel is going through its first round of beta reading.
So, it’s official: I’m now the happiest boy in the world.