I was hesitant to post this on the blog because getting to round 2 has nothing to do with the actual book part of the book. What you do is pitch the story as if you were pitching it to a publisher. Apparently, out of the 10,000 entrants, they liked mine and 1999 other pitches. I can’t help but feel bad for the other 8,000 people who didn’t get picked.
Still, it’s pretty cool.
From now until April 14, I can still enjoy that feeling you get when you play the lottery on Monday: like I’m walking around with THE winning ticket. I still get to dream of all the things I’ll buy with the $50,000 Grand Prize.
Things I can buy with $50,000:
- 50,000 cheeseburgers off McDonald’s $1 menu.
- An awesome, tricked-out gaming computer for $5,000, and 45,000 cheeseburgers off McDonald’s $1 menu.
- A gallon of gas in 2025.
- I could quit my job and write full time for a year, see how that goes (wife won’t let me).
- New car? Naa…
- European vacation? Definitely, though with a side-trip to Malta for a week.
- Or instead of the European vacation, a camper for road trips.
6 responses to “Made it to the next round in the “Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award” contest”
Congrats! That’s great news.
Thanks man 🙂 But doesn’t mean I’m giving you any of my cheeseburgers…
Well done, John. Delighted for you
Thanks a lot 🙂
Cute! Love your attitude, and your wish list!
🙂 Attitude is everything.