* Update * — I think my heading is a little misleading. 48k total for my work in progress, up from 37k last week, so my “word count” for the week is actually 11k. I’ll make it more obvious next week.
I’m actually writing this on Saturday night, but whatever, life’s too short — unless you’re Dan Jenkins.
This week has been amazing, from a word count perspective. No beta reading, just a little Koontz to keep my “random seed” fresh. And at the end of the week I’m sitting on 48k of fun for the whole family.
For those of you with writer’s block, here’s how I’ve been dealing with mine:
1) I’m in charge, not the manuscript.
2) All that expectation that the next book has to be perfect or I’ll go to 1-star prison? Whatever, talk to the hand, I’m in charge of this ship, and if I want to ram it into that reef over there that’s my business.
3) What else do I have to do today? Hmm, guess I’ll write.
4) Oh yeah, when I’m stumped for a thousand words, drink something with alcohol in it — it helps. (not a long-term solution of course)
Last week: 37,000
This week: 48,000
For me: wow.
12 responses to “Sunday Word Count: 48,000 words…”
Holy crap. 👊
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 03:03:01 +0000
Hmm, I wonder if people think I wrote 48,000 words in a week… I’ll probably change the wording next time to ensure folks know the actual count is 11k, not 48k hehe. 48k of progress…
11 k is still wow
That was my first thought, holy cow he wrote all those words! Super jealous, but then still jealous of your real word count too. Keep up the good work.
Heh, well I wrote it late — sorry about that. Thank you, you’re inspiring 🙂
Nice job! You are killing it!
Thanks man 🙂
You had a lot to do with it.
Great job, keep it rolling